Acne and blemishes are age old problems that 9 out of 10 people suffer from. Turmeric is long known for its skin beautifying properties and is great for acne-prone skin. Turmeric has anti-inflammatory anti-bacterial properties that fight blemishes for clear skin naturally. Acne can also be caused by hormonal imbalance, which can be as a result of stress or menstruation. Whatever maybe the reason, turmeric can always help you keep acne under control. Below is a simple DIY turmeric mask for clear, bright and acne-free skin along with its benefits-
- Turmeric has anti-inflammatory properties that help reduce acne redness and the pain related to it.
- Turmeric also has anti-microbial effects that treat acne effectively by inhibiting the bacteria or fungus responsible for it.
- Apart from acne treatment, the mask also brightens up the skin due to anti-tanning effects of turmeric, bleaching properties of honey and exfoliating properties of rice flour.
- Rice flour exfoliates the skin and removes dead skin cells. It also soaks extra sebum thus drying off the acne and keeping skin oil-free.
- Yogurt has sebum-balancing properties that gradually make your skin less-oily. The good bacteria in it also help fight acne-causing microbes.
- Honey too has anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial effects that treat acne. It also has skin bleaching properties that add a fresh glow to your skin and helps fight tan.
- The mask, when used regularly, dries off acne which peels away on their own keeping your skin glowing, clear and healthy.