Knee pain affects many people, and it’s predicted that by the age of 85, 50% of the American population will experience some knee condition.
This percentage increases up to 66% in case you are obese or you have extra weight, as the lower extremities support all our movements and they are exposed to great pressure.
The knee pain can be a result of over-taxation, osteoarthritis, and injury, but it could be relieved with the help of some very simple stretches. You could find the stretches in the following below:
To support the health of your joints, you need to:
- Strengthen the surrounding muscles so as to lower the joint stress
- Consume a healthy dietthat is rich in vitamin D, calcium, and magnesium
- Maintain a healthy body weight
- In case you are leading a sedentary lifestyle or your work requires sitting, you need to get up every 10 minutes in order to maintain mobility and to generate pain
- Do not try some vigorous exercise in order to prevent further complications, and walk or try pool aerobics in its place, which is going to preserve the joint mobility
- You should always do some warming up before exercising, and you should be cautious while stretching cold muscles. To strengthen your joints, you can do a brisk 10-minute walk, and try stretching afterwards.
When it comes to topical applications of natural remedies to soothe your knee pain, you definitely need to try these: