The excess fat that accumulates on the back of the body can lead to increase in bra size, shirt size and can be an indication of overweight. There can be several causes of this problem like genetics, medical condition and medicines, poor nutrition habits and lack of physical activity. People who eat junk food very often are more likely to get the fat accumulated at the back because such food is commonly high in fat, calories, added sugar, sodium, and carbohydrates. The back fat can be reduced by focusing on lower and upper back strengthening and toning exercises. This article aims to convey how to get rid of back fat. Strengthening of our back muscles is very important as it helps in improving our postures as well, otherwise one might end up having rounded shoulders.
How To Get Rid Of Back Fat – Exercises!
It primarily works for the chest strengthening and only a strong chest can help in maintaining a well structured back.
- Do standard push-ups with hands on the ground wider than shoulder-width apart.
- When your body lowers down into a contracted position, your back engages itself which helps in reducing the back fat.
- Lower down slowly and focus on the downward movement. Hold at the bottom for 3 seconds and then push up back.
- Do 3 sets of 50 push- ups every alternate day.
- Get into a plank position, straight out your arms directly beneath your shoulders, squeeze your butt and pull your abs tight into your spine.
- Hold around 3 to 5 pounds of weight in each hand.
- Start with one arm at a time; pull the weight back into a row movement while engaging the upper back and delts.
- Do 2 sets of 5 repetitions each of this exercise 4-5 times a week.
- While jumping the rope, one not only works his shoulders but his back too.
- Do 5 sets of 100 reps each of this exercise daily.
UPPER BODY CYCLE
- Always do upper body bike in the gym. It works well for triceps and back too.
- For even stronger back fat burn, try biking it backward.
- Do 5 sets of 5 reps each of this exercise, daily.
PLYOMETRICS AND CARDIO
- Do 30 seconds of medicine ball toss with a 10-pound medicine ball.
- Bring the ball over your head, stretching your back and lat muscles and then throw the ball into the ground, while contracting your upper back and lats.
- While doing this exercise you will be using your back muscles and that will help in increasing your heart rate, which eventually helps in reducing the back fat.
- Do 3 sets of 10 repetitions each of this exercise on alternate days.
- This is to be done in the gym.
- This machine has that basic movement which targets the back.
- Do 3 sets of 10 repetitions each of this exercise, 2-3 times a week.
- Lie on your stomach, on the floor or try to balance on a physio ball.
- Hold dumbbells weighing 3 pounds in each hand. Engage your back by lifting your chest a little.
- Then, move your arms up and stretch them straight, shaping the body into a T position with both hands forming a straight line, then move them to shape the body into a Y position and finally bring them together into an I position, with straight arms in line with the entire body.
- Do 2 sets of 10 reps of this exercise every alternate day.